Suspect charged with killing mother with toddler sitting nearby
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have arrested a suspect who's now charged with killing a mother as her one-year-old baby sat in a high chair nearby.
The deadly shooting happened at 8520 Pitner about 11am on November 8. Vanessa Rodriguez, 23, was shot multiple times but managed to call 911 for help. HPD officers found her on the floor of her apartment. She was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where she died. Rodriguez's one-year-old child was also found unharmed inside the apartment.
The investigation led officiers to suspect Neil Mukherjee, 20, in the killing. HPD homicide investigators, with assistance from local law enforcement in Donna, Texas, arrested him there on Thursday without incident.
Mukherjee is charged with capital murder in the 184th State District Court.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools 56 min ago
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others 31 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 15 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Woman falls through ceiling trying to get Christmas decor 34 min ago