Suspect charged with killing mother with toddler sitting nearby
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have arrested a suspect who's now charged with killing a mother as her one-year-old baby sat in a high chair nearby.
The deadly shooting happened at 8520 Pitner about 11am on November 8. Vanessa Rodriguez, 23, was shot multiple times but managed to call 911 for help. HPD officers found her on the floor of her apartment. She was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where she died. Rodriguez's one-year-old child was also found unharmed inside the apartment.
The investigation led officiers to suspect Neil Mukherjee, 20, in the killing. HPD homicide investigators, with assistance from local law enforcement in Donna, Texas, arrested him there on Thursday without incident.
Mukherjee is charged with capital murder in the 184th State District Court.
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape 54 min ago
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Ford unveils all-new Mustang
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!
- Can you say this tongue twister?