Suspect charged with killing mother with toddler sitting nearby
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have arrested a suspect who's now charged with killing a mother as her one-year-old baby sat in a high chair nearby.
The deadly shooting happened at 8520 Pitner about 11am on November 8. Vanessa Rodriguez, 23, was shot multiple times but managed to call 911 for help. HPD officers found her on the floor of her apartment. She was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital where she died. Rodriguez's one-year-old child was also found unharmed inside the apartment.
The investigation led officiers to suspect Neil Mukherjee, 20, in the killing. HPD homicide investigators, with assistance from local law enforcement in Donna, Texas, arrested him there on Thursday without incident.
Mukherjee is charged with capital murder in the 184th State District Court.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 24 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep 16 min ago
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month 13 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin 32 min ago
- Sunday's mutton bustin' at RodeoHouston
35 min ago