Father and kids arrested in bank robberies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The arrest of three bank robbery suspects by Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office detectives last week may help clear as many as six other bank robbery cases in two states, authorities say.
On Friday, November 9, deputies arrested Ronald Scott Catt, 50, Hayden Scott Catt, 20, and Abigail "Abby" Catt, 18. They are father, son and daughter, respectively.
The suspects are accused of robbing the 1st Community Credit Union on Monday, October 1. The bank is located in the 23100 block of Cinco Ranch Blvd. in the Katy area.
The two men entered the bank wearing orange traffic vests and dark sunglasses and held employees at gunpoint. The younger suspect wore a fake mustache and the older suspect wore a painter's mask, officials say. Abby Catt allegedly drove the getaway vehicle.
The father and son were arrested at an apartment in the 300 block of Dominion in the Katy area. Both men have bonds of $140,000 and remain in the Fort Bend County Jail. Abby Catt was arrested later that day at the Sheriff's Office. She has a $100,000 bond.
Detectives focused on the emergency protective vests the suspects wore at the 1st Community Credit Union robbery. They visited the Home Depot in Rosenberg -- the closest Home Depot to the Sheriff's Office -- to see what they had on the shelf and found one that closely resembles the vests worn by the suspects. The most important factor on the vests was the X on the back, which narrowed the search field.
The two male suspects were further linked to the August robbery of a Comerica Bank, located at I-10 and Fry Road in Harris County, officials say. In that case, the suspects wore painter outfits with painter masks.
Between the two robberies, detectives picked up on a stolen license plate case at Kingsland Boulevard and West Green in the Katy area, so they believed the suspects might be situated in the vicinity.
With that information, detectives checked the Home Depot at Fry Road and I-10, and while viewing videotapes at the checkout counters, they identified Hayden and Abby Catt purchasing the vests with their father's debit card. Ronald Catt was later videotaped purchasing a painter's mask.
After interviews were completed, detectives believe the suspects may be connected to five bank robbery cases in the Portland, Oregon, area. The family is originally from Oregon.
Fort Bend detectives have notified Oregon authorities to see if some of the cases in the Portland area match up with this new information.
- Son shoots, kills man allegedly attacking dad 20 min ago
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson 23 min ago
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot 25 min ago
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend 25 min ago
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston 25 min ago
- Houston city pools open for the summer 18 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos