Gunman at large after sports bar shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men were shot outside a southwest Houston sports bar early Sunday and the search continues for the man who police say fired the gun.
It happened around 4am outside Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield and Bissonnet near the Southwest Freeway.
Police said a disturbance started inside the club poured out into the parking lot.
Ox Jones works security at Cube's. He said things inside the bar quickly became violent, and that's when security started forcing everyone outside.
"We escorted people out in the process of everything happening. Once we stepped back inside, that's when everything, the fight just went off," Jones said.
Someone fired multiple shots in the crowded parking lot.
One man was shot in the head and was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital where he underwent surgery. At last check, he was alive but his condition was unknown.
Another man was shot in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital by friends. Police said he is stable and expected to survive.
Police are interviewing witnesses and working to determine what led up to this shooting and who is responsible for the victims' injuries.
At least two men were detained at the scene for further questioning.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 38 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama 4 min ago
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 40 min ago
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist 10 min ago
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Antique telephones brought back to life
52 min ago