Gunman at large after sports bar shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men were shot outside a southwest Houston sports bar early Sunday and the search continues for the man who police say fired the gun.
It happened around 4am outside Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield and Bissonnet near the Southwest Freeway.
Police said a disturbance started inside the club poured out into the parking lot.
Ox Jones works security at Cube's. He said things inside the bar quickly became violent, and that's when security started forcing everyone outside.
"We escorted people out in the process of everything happening. Once we stepped back inside, that's when everything, the fight just went off," Jones said.
Someone fired multiple shots in the crowded parking lot.
One man was shot in the head and was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital where he underwent surgery. At last check, he was alive but his condition was unknown.
Another man was shot in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital by friends. Police said he is stable and expected to survive.
Police are interviewing witnesses and working to determine what led up to this shooting and who is responsible for the victims' injuries.
At least two men were detained at the scene for further questioning.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 13 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos