Gunman at large after sports bar shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men were shot outside a southwest Houston sports bar early Sunday and the search continues for the man who police say fired the gun.
It happened around 4am outside Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield and Bissonnet near the Southwest Freeway.
Police said a disturbance started inside the club poured out into the parking lot.
Ox Jones works security at Cube's. He said things inside the bar quickly became violent, and that's when security started forcing everyone outside.
"We escorted people out in the process of everything happening. Once we stepped back inside, that's when everything, the fight just went off," Jones said.
Someone fired multiple shots in the crowded parking lot.
One man was shot in the head and was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital where he underwent surgery. At last check, he was alive but his condition was unknown.
Another man was shot in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital by friends. Police said he is stable and expected to survive.
Police are interviewing witnesses and working to determine what led up to this shooting and who is responsible for the victims' injuries.
At least two men were detained at the scene for further questioning.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 37 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner 13 min ago
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- David Tillman's weather forecast
21 min ago