Gunman at large after sports bar shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men were shot outside a southwest Houston sports bar early Sunday and the search continues for the man who police say fired the gun.
It happened around 4am outside Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield and Bissonnet near the Southwest Freeway.
Police said a disturbance started inside the club poured out into the parking lot.
Ox Jones works security at Cube's. He said things inside the bar quickly became violent, and that's when security started forcing everyone outside.
"We escorted people out in the process of everything happening. Once we stepped back inside, that's when everything, the fight just went off," Jones said.
Someone fired multiple shots in the crowded parking lot.
One man was shot in the head and was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital where he underwent surgery. At last check, he was alive but his condition was unknown.
Another man was shot in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital by friends. Police said he is stable and expected to survive.
Police are interviewing witnesses and working to determine what led up to this shooting and who is responsible for the victims' injuries.
At least two men were detained at the scene for further questioning.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 54 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 19 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire 42 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- David Tillman's weather forecast
14 min ago