Man critically injured in Galveston car fire
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Galveston police said a man was in critical condition Sunday after his car caught fire on the seawall.
According to officials, it happened around 10pm Saturday in the 100 block of Seawall Boulevard.
By the time first responders arrived, the car was completely engulfed in flames.
A crew was able to pull the man from the vehicle and rush him to the University of Texas Medical Branch burn unit.
Police said he suffered second- and third-degree burns on most of his body.
It was unclear how the car caught fire. No other details were released and no other injuries were reported.
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 31 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 5 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 34 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 44 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 14 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 23 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 6 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 29 min ago