Shooter opens fire at birthday party, killing 1
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are searching for a killer who opened fire in the middle of a party in northwest Harris County, killing one person and injuring another.
It happened around 2:30am at a home in the 6500 block of McCharen Court near Duckett Park where a birthday party was underway for an adult and a child, officials said.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, several people were at the home when 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman got into an argument with Santos Alberto Vasquez, 33.
Deputies said Guzman pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez once in the chest. Vasquez died at the scene and Guzman fled, officials said.
Witnesses knocked over tables and chairs as they tried to escape the gunfire. A second victim was transported to an area hospital and later released. It's unclear whether he was shot or injured in the scuffle.
Guzman is wanted for the murder. Anyone with information on this crime or Guzman's whereabouts is urged to call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive