Shooter opens fire at birthday party, killing 1
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are searching for a killer who opened fire in the middle of a party in northwest Harris County, killing one person and injuring another.
It happened around 2:30am at a home in the 6500 block of McCharen Court near Duckett Park where a birthday party was underway for an adult and a child, officials said.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, several people were at the home when 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman got into an argument with Santos Alberto Vasquez, 33.
Deputies said Guzman pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez once in the chest. Vasquez died at the scene and Guzman fled, officials said.
Witnesses knocked over tables and chairs as they tried to escape the gunfire. A second victim was transported to an area hospital and later released. It's unclear whether he was shot or injured in the scuffle.
Guzman is wanted for the murder. Anyone with information on this crime or Guzman's whereabouts is urged to call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 30 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack