Shooter opens fire at birthday party, killing 1
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are searching for a killer who opened fire in the middle of a party in northwest Harris County, killing one person and injuring another.
It happened around 2:30am at a home in the 6500 block of McCharen Court near Duckett Park where a birthday party was underway for an adult and a child, officials said.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, several people were at the home when 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman got into an argument with Santos Alberto Vasquez, 33.
Deputies said Guzman pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez once in the chest. Vasquez died at the scene and Guzman fled, officials said.
Witnesses knocked over tables and chairs as they tried to escape the gunfire. A second victim was transported to an area hospital and later released. It's unclear whether he was shot or injured in the scuffle.
Guzman is wanted for the murder. Anyone with information on this crime or Guzman's whereabouts is urged to call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 19 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Aerials of Moore tornado damage
18 min ago