Son charged with dad's murder in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly fatally shooting his father in Tomball.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16000 block of Lakeshore Drive near Carlton Oaks in northwest Harris County just after 11am Sunday. The caller told authorities her son had just shot his father.
Deputies arrived and found Dale Lee Baker, 63, in an upstairs bedroom. He was shot in the head, officials said.
According to investigators, Baker was airlifted to Hermann Hospital in critical condition and died several hours later.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene to investigate and they took the victim's son into custody.
Cory Dale Baker, 41, was interviewed and subsequently charged with murder.
Investigators said he gave no motive for the shooting.
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 9 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 37 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 36 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 49 min ago
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 29 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...