Son charged with dad's murder in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly fatally shooting his father in Tomball.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16000 block of Lakeshore Drive near Carlton Oaks in northwest Harris County just after 11am Sunday. The caller told authorities her son had just shot his father.
Deputies arrived and found Dale Lee Baker, 63, in an upstairs bedroom. He was shot in the head, officials said.
According to investigators, Baker was airlifted to Hermann Hospital in critical condition and died several hours later.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene to investigate and they took the victim's son into custody.
Cory Dale Baker, 41, was interviewed and subsequently charged with murder.
Investigators said he gave no motive for the shooting.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 44 min ago
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 54 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns