Son charged with dad's murder in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly fatally shooting his father in Tomball.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16000 block of Lakeshore Drive near Carlton Oaks in northwest Harris County just after 11am Sunday. The caller told authorities her son had just shot his father.
Deputies arrived and found Dale Lee Baker, 63, in an upstairs bedroom. He was shot in the head, officials said.
According to investigators, Baker was airlifted to Hermann Hospital in critical condition and died several hours later.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene to investigate and they took the victim's son into custody.
Cory Dale Baker, 41, was interviewed and subsequently charged with murder.
Investigators said he gave no motive for the shooting.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?