Woman, 21, charged in deadly weekend accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities have charged a woman who is believed to have been driving drunk when she was involved in a deadly accident.
Houston police say Jennifer Nicole Molina, 21, was driving a blue Nissan Versa north on the service road in the 10100 block of I-45 north when she failed to control the speed of her vehicle and struck the rear of a green Honda Civic. The impact forced the Honda into a large concrete pillar.
Molina then lost control of her vehicle, crashed through a chain link fence and came to rest in a business parking lot. Police say she immediately called a family member who picked her up and drove her from the scene moments after the crash.
After nearly an hour had passed, Molina's family member convinced her to return to the accident scene. When she returned, Molina was arrested without incident.
The driver of the Honda was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead. The 34-year-old woman's identity has not been released.
Molina is charged with intoxication manslaughter and accident involving injury or death.
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 22 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
23 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos