Splendora woman accused of placing ad for husband's ex
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Splendora woman is facing charges for allegedly posting a personal ad on a classified website for her husband's ex-girlfriend as a joke.
Christy Dawn Rash, 35, is facing an online solicitation charge. According to court documents, she's accused of posting the classified on Craigslist earlier this month with the victim's photo and cell phone number.
The victim contacted Pasadena police after she says she received several calls from men requesting to have sex with her. Through an investigation, police were able to link the ad to Rash, who is married to the victim's ex-boyfriend.
When they asked Rash about the ad, they say she admitted posting it as a joke. She said that the victim cheated on her husband when they were dating and that the ad shouldn't be a problem because she said the victim had given sex away in the past.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says calling the incident a joke won't help one bit.
"'I was playing a joke' isn't legally sufficient to cover a defense in this case," Androphy said. "When you go on the Internet and try to impersonate someone and suggest that the person wants to have sex, and you start getting phone calls from people out on the street, I don't think too many people would think that's funny."
Rash now faces a third-degree felony that could carry jail time from two to 10 years.
Bail in this case is set at $5,000.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer