Splendora woman accused of placing ad for husband's ex
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Splendora woman is facing charges for allegedly posting a personal ad on a classified website for her husband's ex-girlfriend as a joke.
Christy Dawn Rash, 35, is facing an online solicitation charge. According to court documents, she's accused of posting the classified on Craigslist earlier this month with the victim's photo and cell phone number.
The victim contacted Pasadena police after she says she received several calls from men requesting to have sex with her. Through an investigation, police were able to link the ad to Rash, who is married to the victim's ex-boyfriend.
When they asked Rash about the ad, they say she admitted posting it as a joke. She said that the victim cheated on her husband when they were dating and that the ad shouldn't be a problem because she said the victim had given sex away in the past.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says calling the incident a joke won't help one bit.
"'I was playing a joke' isn't legally sufficient to cover a defense in this case," Androphy said. "When you go on the Internet and try to impersonate someone and suggest that the person wants to have sex, and you start getting phone calls from people out on the street, I don't think too many people would think that's funny."
Rash now faces a third-degree felony that could carry jail time from two to 10 years.
Bail in this case is set at $5,000.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home