Splendora woman accused of placing ad for husband's ex
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Splendora woman is facing charges for allegedly posting a personal ad on a classified website for her husband's ex-girlfriend as a joke.
Christy Dawn Rash, 35, is facing an online solicitation charge. According to court documents, she's accused of posting the classified on Craigslist earlier this month with the victim's photo and cell phone number.
The victim contacted Pasadena police after she says she received several calls from men requesting to have sex with her. Through an investigation, police were able to link the ad to Rash, who is married to the victim's ex-boyfriend.
When they asked Rash about the ad, they say she admitted posting it as a joke. She said that the victim cheated on her husband when they were dating and that the ad shouldn't be a problem because she said the victim had given sex away in the past.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says calling the incident a joke won't help one bit.
"'I was playing a joke' isn't legally sufficient to cover a defense in this case," Androphy said. "When you go on the Internet and try to impersonate someone and suggest that the person wants to have sex, and you start getting phone calls from people out on the street, I don't think too many people would think that's funny."
Rash now faces a third-degree felony that could carry jail time from two to 10 years.
Bail in this case is set at $5,000.
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- River Oaks residents fighting to stop office building 34 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Rice U police officers cleared of wrongdoing in man's arrest 35 min ago
- Mateo states his case for cupcakes for dinner
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Woman takes out frustration on Pennsylvania reporter
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- NJ honor student who sued parents returns home 40 min ago
- Nutrition and supplement maker Herbalife facing FTC intquiry 40 min ago