Store manager shot in leg during robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A store manager suffered a gunshot wound in a robbery in southeast Houston.
Houston police were called to the Cash America pawn shop/payday advance business in the 3800 block of Broadway near Kingsley at about 9:40am. A witness told Eyewitness News that he was pulling up to the business when he spotted a man inside the store, waving a gun.
The witness tracked down a nearby HPD officer, but by the time that officer arrived, the suspect had fled. The manager of the Cash America was shot in the leg. His injury is thought to be non-life threatening.
The suspect's getaway vehicle was found a short time later, about a quarter of a mile away.
No description of the suspect is available at this time.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman 5 min ago
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 29 min ago
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested