Store manager shot in leg during robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A store manager suffered a gunshot wound in a robbery in southeast Houston.
Houston police were called to the Cash America pawn shop/payday advance business in the 3800 block of Broadway near Kingsley at about 9:40am. A witness told Eyewitness News that he was pulling up to the business when he spotted a man inside the store, waving a gun.
The witness tracked down a nearby HPD officer, but by the time that officer arrived, the suspect had fled. The manager of the Cash America was shot in the leg. His injury is thought to be non-life threatening.
The suspect's getaway vehicle was found a short time later, about a quarter of a mile away.
No description of the suspect is available at this time.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan
- Houston's cardinal to attend pope's...
6 min ago