Four arrested following home invasion in Katy
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- Four people are in custody after a home invasion in Katy Tuesday morning and one of them is a juvenile.
Neighbors close to the victim told us the suspects kicked in the door, yelling 'HPD!' They say those suspects were armed with a gun, a Taser and a knife. And that has families on this street very worried.
Neighbor Maribel Romero said, "It's kind of scary to know that it's so close to home."
It was at a home on Lazy Valley Drive where investigators say four burglars with weapons barged in on a man who was home alone just after 11am. The victim's family told me it only took a few seconds for those crooks to get away with some jewelry, then run to an SUV where a fifth accomplice was waiting in a getaway car.
Investigators say the suspects crashed that vehicle near Fry Road, about a quarter mile from the house. They jumped out of their truck and began running along a bayou and into a neighborhood trying to dodge the deputies.
It took about 20 minutes for officers from several agencies to track down four of the suspects. So far detectives say one juvenile and three adult males are now in custody. Neighbors are still worried a fifth suspect is still on the run.
"It's pretty unbelievable," said neighbor April Rinker. "There's a lot of kids on this street, and if kids are out of school and if any of this went down during that time, it's pretty scary."
The victim's friends say he's OK, but pretty shaken up.
Investigators tell us they did recover two handguns from the suspects' truck. They are asking anyone with information about the crime or the burglar who is still on the run to call Harris County Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
katy, local, demond fernandez
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer