Longfellow fifth-graders release top toys list
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Want to know what the hottest toys are this holiday season? Ask some fifth-graders! For the 11th straight year, the Longfellow Elementary school seniors have been helping parents by putting out their list of kid-friendly and cost-effective gifts.
The students held a news conference Tuesday to release their top 10 list after conducting surveys, recording date and analyzing that data.
"It was hard work. We had to work together," said fifth-grader Erik Cuellar. "But in the end we had a lot of fun, and we are making holiday shopping easier for many parents."
This year's top 10 list, according to the students, is as follows.
- 1. Legos
2. Crayon Explosion Globe
3. Moon Dough
4. Nerf gun 10 Blaster
5. Figit Friends
8. Action Figures (Examples: The Avengers, Buzz Lightyear, Woody, WWE, Transformers)
9. Monster High Dolls
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid
"I think it was very cool," said fifth-grader Taylon Pitts. "Some of the students who were in the survey, I didn't really know and now they're my friends."
Students Laura Althaus, Simeon Anderson, Erik Cuellar, Mia Hill, Katriel Ivy, Bria Jackson, Taylon Pitts, Eboni Rodgers, Jonathan Sanchez and McKay Silva released their findings and addressed questions from local media.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 54 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 4 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 7 min ago
- Twin boys foil carjacking in San Antonio 15 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain 17 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Travis Herzog's Friday weather forecast
30 min ago