Alleged gunman arrested in fatal shooting at sports bar
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a suspect arrested in the fatal shooting of a man after an argument at a sports bar in southwest Houston.
On November 18 at around 4am, police say 26-year-old Michael Barrett got into an argument with an unknown suspect, later identified as Azell Keith Thrasher, Jr., inside of a sports bar at Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield. Both men were then escorted out of the bar by security guards. The argument continued in the parking lot where it escalated.
Police say Thrasher then pulled out a gun and fired several shots, striking Barrett and a second male. Barrett, of Needville, was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The second male was transported to the hospital by private vehicle and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Further investigation identified Thrasher as the suspect in this case and he was taken into custody without incident on Tuesday.
Thrasher, 25, is charged with murder.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 20 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 16 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 12 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game