Alleged gunman arrested in fatal shooting at sports bar
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a suspect arrested in the fatal shooting of a man after an argument at a sports bar in southwest Houston.
On November 18 at around 4am, police say 26-year-old Michael Barrett got into an argument with an unknown suspect, later identified as Azell Keith Thrasher, Jr., inside of a sports bar at Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield. Both men were then escorted out of the bar by security guards. The argument continued in the parking lot where it escalated.
Police say Thrasher then pulled out a gun and fired several shots, striking Barrett and a second male. Barrett, of Needville, was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The second male was transported to the hospital by private vehicle and is expected to recover from his injuries.
Further investigation identified Thrasher as the suspect in this case and he was taken into custody without incident on Tuesday.
Thrasher, 25, is charged with murder.
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 32 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack