Woman, girl injured after jumping off moving semi
EDNA, TX (KTRK) -- A woman and a young girl are in the hospital after they fell off the top of a semi-truck in Edna.
It happened late last night on Highway 59 year Highway 111 in Edna.
Jackson County Sheriff's deputies say the adult woman and a girl, who's about 10 years old, had managed to sneak on top of the cab of the truck. Deputies say the pair were surfing on the cab as the truck moved at freeway speeds, possibly as high as 75 miles per hour, and then jumped off. Both were seriously hurt.
Deputies say both the girl and woman are believed to be illegal immigrants, possibly from El Salvador. The truck driver did stop, telling police he didn't know the woman and girl were up there until right before they jumped. He was not charged.
Stay with Eyewitness News for more on this developing story.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 36 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 24 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling 17 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 3 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos