Robbery victim fights back against suspects
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One suspected robber is dead and another in the hospital after their intended robbery victim pulled a gun and shot them last night in southwest Houston.
It happened at an apartment complex on Medfield near Dairy Ashford at about 10pm Tuesday. According to investigators, a 23-year-old man had arrived home from work and was talking to a neighbor in the parking lot of the apartment complex. Both men were then approached by three suspects, two of whom were armed with pistols. The suspects ordered both victims to give up their wallets, cell phones and keys to their vehicles.
Police say when the suspects saw the victims had little money, they threatened to kill them. One of the victims, a concealed handgun license holder, pulled out his own weapon and shot two of the suspects. The third suspect, described only as a black male, fled the scene in an unknown direction.
"I was actually just coming inside the house and I heard five, six gunshots and looked over my balcony," said witness Ashely Roy. "He was on the floor. He was like, 'Put your hands up.'"
Mitchell Deon Tucker, 20, was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The second suspect, 22, was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital in serious condition with gunshot wounds. He faces possible charges of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.
Homicide is now investigating, which is standard protocol. Investigators are still looking for the third suspect. Anyone with information on the identity of the third suspect is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
As for the victims, no charges are expected. The case will be referred to a grand jury. The victims were not hurt.
local, sonia azad
- weather: Rain moving through our area 16 min ago
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods