Half ton of marijuana worth more than $500K seized near Santa Fe
SANTA FE, TX -- Two men have been arrested after nearly half a ton of marijuana was confiscated from a truck being unloaded in rural Southeast Texas.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office says the packages of drugs located Tuesday have a street value of about $575,000.
Two Brownsville men were being held Wednesday on felony marijuana possession charges. Bond has been set at $1.2 million each for 37-year-old David Cavazos and 32-year-old Jose Rafael Reyes. Online jail records did not list attorneys for the pair.
The Galveston County Daily News reports deputies are trying to determine if the area near Santa Fe was a drug distribution point. Investigators want to know how much marijuana was unloaded and removed before deputies arrived and found about 960 pounds.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 6 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos