Man shocked to find he had been shot while checking mail at Richmond apartment
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A man was shocked to discover he had been shot while getting his mail Tuesday evening. Now police are looking for answers to the mystery shooting.
Raul Hernandez, 43, told Richmond police that when he arrived home to his apartment located in the 2100 block of Thompson Highway, he went to check his mailbox. As he was walking back to the parking area, he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. Hernandez went to his apartment and told his girlfriend that he thought he may have been shot.
Noticing blood coming from Hernandez's shoulder, the couple drove to Oak Bend Emergency Room find out what was going on. An MRI showed that Hernandez did indeed have an unknown caliber bullet lodged in his shoulder. His wound was non-life threatening.
Hernandez told police he observed what appeared to be a Lincoln Mark III pickup truck leaving the area of the complex shortly after the shooting, but has no idea if these individuals were involved in the incident.
Investigators are asking anyone who may know something about this shooting to contact them at the Richmond Police Department at 281-342-2849.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today