Search ends for man missing after rig explosion
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An update on last Friday's oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico -- the search for a second man is now over.
Black Elk Energy-- the company that owns the oil rig-- suspended the search for Jerome Malagapo of the Philippines.
Malagapo and Elroy Corporal, 42, went missing after last Friday's explosion and fire aboard the oil platform. Corporal's body was recovered over the weekend. Malagapo is still missing.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement issued a letter to Black Elk Energy regarding their performance.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos