Family escapes before fire destroys home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Firefighters say an electrical short caused a fire that consumed a home. It happened around 10pm last night on Miles near Myrtle in east Houston.
A family of four was able to safely escape the flames. Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom, but soon spread to the entire house. The home is considered a total loss.
No one was injured, and no other surrounding homes were damaged. The family is staying with neighbors.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston 12 min ago
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 53 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong 11 min ago
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston 55 min ago
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos