HPD officer injured after driver hits squad car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man slammed his car into an HPD cruiser overnight and caused an officer to hit a pole in northeast Houston.
It happened on Broyles near Crane. Police say the man ran a stop sign and his Toyota Corolla hit the patrol car in the driver's side area.
The cruiser went flying into a telephone pole and the entire rear area of the cruiser was crushed by the collision.
The officer was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening. The other driver is in police custody.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 16 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after found safe 35 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident 4 min ago
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters