HPD officer injured after driver hits squad car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man slammed his car into an HPD cruiser overnight and caused an officer to hit a pole in northeast Houston.
It happened on Broyles near Crane. Police say the man ran a stop sign and his Toyota Corolla hit the patrol car in the driver's side area.
The cruiser went flying into a telephone pole and the entire rear area of the cruiser was crushed by the collision.
The officer was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening. The other driver is in police custody.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods