HPD officer injured after driver hits squad car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man slammed his car into an HPD cruiser overnight and caused an officer to hit a pole in northeast Houston.
It happened on Broyles near Crane. Police say the man ran a stop sign and his Toyota Corolla hit the patrol car in the driver's side area.
The cruiser went flying into a telephone pole and the entire rear area of the cruiser was crushed by the collision.
The officer was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening. The other driver is in police custody.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos