HPD: 19 suspected illegal immigrants found in house
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police were called to an assault Sunday night and ended up finding more than a dozen suspected illegal immigrants in a house, officials said.
It happened at a home in the 9300 block of Klondike at Easthaven in southeast Houston around 1:15pm.
Police said they arrived at the scene looking for a man who was injured during an assault, but he was gone. Instead, they found 19 people in the home.
"When we got here we learned that there was information that there may be people being held, possibly against their will," HPD Sgt. George Mixon said.
According to police, they are possibly from Honduras, Mexico and Guatemala. They range in age from late teens to 20s.
"We actually have now 19 people in custody that are going to be transferred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel," Mixon said.
Investigators said the man who was allegedly assaulted has not been located. Police are looking for him.
"That was one that actually left the scene We've got to look out for them," Mixon said. "We don't have any information on them at this time."
ICE is investigating. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston 53 min ago
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- 13 Things to Know for Monday 52 min ago
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos