Surgeon pleads guilty in child porn case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston surgeon has pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography in a plea deal sending him to federal prison for 10 years.
Prosecutors say Dr. Bernard Albina, 73, pleaded guilty Tuesday. He was arrested in January and remains in custody.
Investigators say Albina since 2003 inappropriately associated with several young boys and took photos of some of the children. Prosecutors say search warrants carried out in July 2009 led to the recovery of dozens of items from Albina containing child pornography.
As part of the plea agreement, Albina will serve the maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison to be followed by at least five years of supervised release. He will pay a $75,000 fine. Formal sentencing is set for March 12, 2013. He will remain in custody until that time.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K 42 min ago
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery 59 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos