Woman found dead, two men injured in N. Houston home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A northwest Houston home has become a crime scene after a triple shooting left a woman dead and two men injured. Now the search is on for suspects and a motive.
Police were called to the home on Neyland at Rogers at around 5:30am Wednesday. They say there are no signs of forced entry and at this point the home does not appear to have been ransacked. Officers say they have a lot of investigating to do in order to determine exactly what happened in this violent scene.
Neighbor Lakesha Neal said, "I really don't know what would trigger them to hurt Ms. Frankie like that."
An early morning shooting left a woman in her 50s dead, and her son, along with another male, wounded. The woman identified by neighbors as Ms. Frankie was shot to death in her bed. Investigators say a pellet gun was possibly used in the shooting.
"This is her first time moving back in the neighborhood. She hasn't been in that house for maybe about like three, three months at the most," Neal said. "That's why I was really surprised to hear that she had been killed this morning."
The shooting happened around 5:30am. Police say when they initially arrived to the home one of the injured males was able to open the door and ask for help.
Houston Police Officer Mark Coleman said, "He opened the door for officers this morning and was at first corporative, but he also had an injury so he asked to go to the hospital for treatment for his injuries."
Officers also had to search the home with their guns drawn, because they believed possible suspects may have still been in the house. Authorities are now looking for evidence that may lead them to a suspect or suspects.
"At this time we don't know what occurred at this house," Officer Coleman said. "We are still investigating. We have very little information as to what occurred."
The son involved is said to be listed as stable at a hospital. The other male involved was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in critical condition.
- Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County
- HISD meet to discuss new budget proposal
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Bicyclist hit by SUV in Walmart parking lot in NW Harris Co.
- Uncle: Aaron Hernandez had connection to murder victim
- Four cars go up in flames at apartment complex parking lot 13 min ago
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos