More than a dozen apartment residents awake to find tires slashed on their vehicles
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- At least a dozen residents at one apartment complex woke up Wednesday morning to find the tires on their vehicles slashed. Police are now searching for those responsible.
It happened at the Atlas Apartments on Broadway near Rockhill in southeast Houston. Residents say 17 vehicles were hit in the overnight vandalism. Many of those vehicles had at least two tires slashed, many of them in covered parking lots. Residents say it's hard as the vandalism comes just before the holidays.
"Christmas is on its way, you know? Bills gotta be paid. But you gotta keep your transportation going to get to where you work," said resident Anitra Elmore.
"I don't have any money right now. I may not get the money," resident Antonio Castro said.
So far police have no motive, and no suspects have been named.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood 42 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naught and Nice list
23 min ago
- Supersavers on Green Monday
53 min ago