Meeting being held today over whether to fire some Patton Village city employees
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A meeting is being held today to discuss whether to fire all city employees in a town in Montgomery County.
Three council members in Patton Village say they are ready to drop every city employee and make them apply for their jobs again. The discussion stems from the arrest of Mayor Pamela Munoz, who's accused of misusing city funds for personal gain.
Other former city employees were also charged in the case.
The city council cannot fire the mayor, but some are proposing to drop her salary to minimum wage.
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 16 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 4 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 19 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 29 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 19 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 8 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 27 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 14 min ago