Woman accused of planting gun in boyfriend's son's backpack due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman accused of planting a gun in her boyfriend's son's backpack is due in court today.
Authorities believe Heather Hodges put a .9mm pistol in the 13-year-old's backpack before school. She was caught on camera calling in a tip about the gun to Magnolia ISD.
Hodges, 26, is charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon on restricted premises and unlawfully transferring a handgun to a minor.
Authorities believe Hodges put the gun in the teen's bag because she disliked him.
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Massive fire breaks out at NE Harris Co. home 24 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery 51 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class