Manager shot in scuffle at Mac Haik auto dealership in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An office argument got out of hand and ended with a manager in the hospital and a salesman in custody. Police tell us there was a confrontation Friday morning at the Mac Haik dealership in west Houston and it quickly escalated to violence.
Police say at 9:30am Friday at the pre-owned car sales office there was a confrontation between a manager and a salesman and it ended in a shooting. According to officers, the 30-year-old manager was shot in the neck.
He was taken to the trauma center at Memorial Hermann Hospital where he remains in serious condition, but he's said to be improving.
The salesman, identified as Keith Edward Grimmett, 49, fled the scene in a car.
Employees who witnessed the whole thing left the dealership in a state of shock after being interviewed by police.
Several hours later, police left the dealership in a hurry. We're told Grimmett made a call to turn himself in and followed through.
The reason behind the confrontation between manager and employee has not been given. But Friday afternoon a man in the market for a car decided to postpone his visit.
Customer William Emmons said, "So quick, I haven't thought much about it, but it's shocking. It's sad."
Grimmett is in police custody. Police say a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon is pending against him.
local, deborah wrigley
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home