One of four alleged teen vandals appears before judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of four alleged teenaged vandals charged for a destructive spree in Spring made her first court appearance today.
Investigators say the teens damaged more than 50 vehicles and homes on November 19, allegedly targeting some people because they didn't like them.
Alexandra Foster, one of the four accused teenagers, appeared in court today. Foster is just 17 years old. Her dad came along with her this morning. In court, Foster appeared before a judge and heard the charge against her, and the conditions of her bond.
She'll be randomly tested for drugs and alcohol, she is to have no contact with her co-defendants -- all of whom are Klein ISD high school students -- and she has a curfew in place from 6pm to 6am, including weekends.
Foster and the three others -- John Taylor Thornton, Joshua Pereson and Sarah Alexis Villarreal -- are all charged with felony criminal mischief. Deputies say there is a warrant out for Thornton's arrest. The other three have surrendered.
Harris County Precinct 4 constables say the group damaged more than 50 vehicles and homes in all, smashing in windows using rocks and baseball bats. The damage is estimated at more than $20,000. A surveillance camera in one of the neighborhoods caught a picture of the teens' getaway car, leading to their arrest a few days later.
"We have clear laws regarding damage of property, criminal mischief, and it's very clear that this is not accepted activity in and around Harris County. And whether or not you are young or old or where you're from -- good neighborhoods, bad neighborhoods -- we hold everybody equally responsible," said prosecutor Eric Devlin.
All four teens face between six months and two years in jail.
An earlier version of this story had a photo for Taylor Thornton that was not correct.
local, sonia azad
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler 51 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke 47 min ago
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 9 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.