One of four alleged teen vandals appears before judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of four alleged teenaged vandals charged for a destructive spree in Spring made her first court appearance today.
Investigators say the teens damaged more than 50 vehicles and homes on November 19, allegedly targeting some people because they didn't like them.
Alexandra Foster, one of the four accused teenagers, appeared in court today. Foster is just 17 years old. Her dad came along with her this morning. In court, Foster appeared before a judge and heard the charge against her, and the conditions of her bond.
She'll be randomly tested for drugs and alcohol, she is to have no contact with her co-defendants -- all of whom are Klein ISD high school students -- and she has a curfew in place from 6pm to 6am, including weekends.
Foster and the three others -- John Taylor Thornton, Joshua Pereson and Sarah Alexis Villarreal -- are all charged with felony criminal mischief. Deputies say there is a warrant out for Thornton's arrest. The other three have surrendered.
Harris County Precinct 4 constables say the group damaged more than 50 vehicles and homes in all, smashing in windows using rocks and baseball bats. The damage is estimated at more than $20,000. A surveillance camera in one of the neighborhoods caught a picture of the teens' getaway car, leading to their arrest a few days later.
"We have clear laws regarding damage of property, criminal mischief, and it's very clear that this is not accepted activity in and around Harris County. And whether or not you are young or old or where you're from -- good neighborhoods, bad neighborhoods -- we hold everybody equally responsible," said prosecutor Eric Devlin.
All four teens face between six months and two years in jail.
An earlier version of this story had a photo for Taylor Thornton that was not correct.
local, sonia azad
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home