'Dickens on The Strand' kicks off this weekend in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Today in Galveston you can take a trip back in time to the 19th century.
"Dickens on the Strand" gets underway beginning at 10am. It's a holiday festival where bobbies, beef-eaters and the queen recreate the Victorian London of Charles Dickens.
This year, organizers are trying to set a world record for the most signatures collected on a birthday card in honor of Dickens 200th birthday.
If you're attending, make sure to take lots of photos and video! And if you capture some good shots, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 54 min ago
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 25 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St.... 42 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products 47 min ago
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Costco fruit snacks recalled 2 min ago
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
42 min ago