'Dickens on The Strand' kicks off this weekend in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Today in Galveston you can take a trip back in time to the 19th century.
"Dickens on the Strand" gets underway beginning at 10am. It's a holiday festival where bobbies, beef-eaters and the queen recreate the Victorian London of Charles Dickens.
This year, organizers are trying to set a world record for the most signatures collected on a birthday card in honor of Dickens 200th birthday.
If you're attending, make sure to take lots of photos and video! And if you capture some good shots, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Electrical fire prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 3 min ago
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns