Emergency closures scheduled for tonight for West Loop-SW Freeway interchange
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you plan to drive near the Southwest Freeway/West Loop interchange, you might want to consider an alternate route.
On Sunday afternoon, TxDOT says an oversized 18-wheeler struck the bridge on the Highway 59 northbound connector to 610 West northbound.
Engineers examined the bridge and determined that they need to make emergency repairs to a damaged beam. As a result, they closed the Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to the 610 West Loop northbound.
One outside lane of the 610 West Loop northbound at Highway 59 is closed so TxDOT can minimize distress.
The repair is expected to be complete before rush hour Tuesday morning.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this emergency closure.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 14 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary 40 min ago
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Which food trucks had violations?
44 min ago