Emergency closures scheduled for tonight for West Loop-SW Freeway interchange
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you plan to drive near the Southwest Freeway/West Loop interchange, you might want to consider an alternate route.
On Sunday afternoon, TxDOT says an oversized 18-wheeler struck the bridge on the Highway 59 northbound connector to 610 West northbound.
Engineers examined the bridge and determined that they need to make emergency repairs to a damaged beam. As a result, they closed the Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to the 610 West Loop northbound.
One outside lane of the 610 West Loop northbound at Highway 59 is closed so TxDOT can minimize distress.
The repair is expected to be complete before rush hour Tuesday morning.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this emergency closure.
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker