'HOT lanes' open on North Freeway, allowing solo drivers with EZ tags to use HOV lanes
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- If you are tired of sitting in traffic on the North Freeway, you now have a new option.
On Monday morning, METRO opened the new High Occupancy Toll Lane. These 'HOT lanes' allow drivers to use the HOV lanes, even if they are the only ones in the car using their EZ tag to pay a toll.
The toll will range from $1 to $5, depending on the time of the day.
This is the third HOT lane in our area. They are also available along Gulf Freeway and the Southwest Freeway.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 55 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!