Woman accused of stealing her own car from tow lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is under arrest for stealing her own car overnight in north Houston.
Police tracked her and her Dodge Caliber down along the North Freeway near West Mount Houston around 3:30am.
Officers tell us the woman went to a tow lot and stole her own car after it had been towed from an apartment complex.
The storage lot workers called police and officers pulled her and her car over an hour later. She's now charged with auto theft and possibly driving while intoxicated.
Police say she got into her car after telling tow lot workers she needed to get her purse. That's when she took off, damaging her car's fender while fleeing the lot.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston