Woman accused of stealing her own car from tow lot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is under arrest for stealing her own car overnight in north Houston.
Police tracked her and her Dodge Caliber down along the North Freeway near West Mount Houston around 3:30am.
Officers tell us the woman went to a tow lot and stole her own car after it had been towed from an apartment complex.
The storage lot workers called police and officers pulled her and her car over an hour later. She's now charged with auto theft and possibly driving while intoxicated.
Police say she got into her car after telling tow lot workers she needed to get her purse. That's when she took off, damaging her car's fender while fleeing the lot.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 8 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 17 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
39 min ago