Man dies in police custody in east Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A suspect died overnight while in police custody.
He was declared dead at east Houston Regional Medical Center along the East Freeway.
Police say a 34-year-old suspect was transported after eating an unknown amount of narcotics during a foot chase with officers.
We are gathering more information and we will update you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as additional details become available.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck