Two women arrested in pepper spray attack in Sugar Land Target parking lot
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Two women have been arrested in a pepper spray attack in a Sugar Land Target parking lot last month.
Chrishonta Richard, 17, and Angelic Harris, 18, both of Houston, were arrested Monday in the Nov. 12 attack along Highway 59 near Lakeside Plaza Drive. Both are charged with aggravated robbery and are being held in the Fort Bend County Jail with bonds of $75,000 each.
Sugar Land police say Richard and Harris confessed to attacking and robbing two women who were loading merchandise into the trunk of their vehicle. An elderly woman was also punched, and her purse was stolen.
According to police, a review of surveillance video inside Target helped identify Richard and Harris. The duo left the crime scene in a black four-door passenger vehicle driven by a male suspect and police say they were able to recover images of the vehicle and a license plate number from license plate recognition (LPR) cameras located nearby.
Sugar Land police say the investigation is ongoing, and they anticipate further arrests and are searching for a man who acted as the getaway driver.
Anyone with information about other suspects in the Target attack should call the Sugar Land Police Department at 281-275-2540 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
sugar land, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale