Council to discuss parking meters along Washington Avenue
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston's city council will discuss putting in paid parking along Washington Avenue today.
The program would force drivers who park on Washington Avenue to pay. The program would charge more during peak hours.
The city says the parking meters will pay for sidewalk improvements and more street lights in the area. Residents would have parking permits to reserve spaces on nearby streets.
The council could vote on the issue today, or delay that vote.
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 25 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 27 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 45 min ago
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game