Council to discuss parking meters along Washington Avenue
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston's city council will discuss putting in paid parking along Washington Avenue today.
The program would force drivers who park on Washington Avenue to pay. The program would charge more during peak hours.
The city says the parking meters will pay for sidewalk improvements and more street lights in the area. Residents would have parking permits to reserve spaces on nearby streets.
The council could vote on the issue today, or delay that vote.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns