Driver dies after slamming into front-end loader in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is dead in a mysterious accident in southeast Houston, where she slammed her car into construction equipment on a stretch of road that wasn't open.
The accident on Scott near Almeda Genoa Road was discovered just after 7am. Construction workers arrived and discovered a black Lexus had slammed head-on into a front-end loader on a section of Scott Street that is still under construction.
Firefighters called to the scene say the car was apparently going the wrong way on that road. It's not clear how the woman got there. There was a barricade moved, but authorities don't know yet who may have moved it.
Authorities say the engine was cool when construction crews arrived, leading them to believe the accident happened sometime overnight.
The woman killed has not been identified. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course