Pearland school bus driver charged for alleged inappropriate contact with student
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A school bus driver is facing charges for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, according to Pearland police.
Diana Almanza is charged with Sexual Assault of a Child. Police say they were alerted by the district back on November 29 about possible inappropriate contact between Almanza and the student. Investigators say Almanza was picking up her bus and starting her route unusually early and that there was a student with her.
Police interviewed the student, whose family was living with Almanza. They say during that interview, they learned about the alleged inappropriate interaction.
Almanza was arrested yesterday. She's currently in the Pearland City Jail on a $60,000 bond.
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 46 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- College students paid to take a year off? 10 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake 12 min ago
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage 16 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Dannon to reduce sugar in yogurt for kids
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death