Pearland school bus driver charged for alleged inappropriate contact with student
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A school bus driver is facing charges for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, according to Pearland police.
Diana Almanza is charged with Sexual Assault of a Child. Police say they were alerted by the district back on November 29 about possible inappropriate contact between Almanza and the student. Investigators say Almanza was picking up her bus and starting her route unusually early and that there was a student with her.
Police interviewed the student, whose family was living with Almanza. They say during that interview, they learned about the alleged inappropriate interaction.
Almanza was arrested yesterday. She's currently in the Pearland City Jail on a $60,000 bond.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 7 min ago
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?