Pearland school bus driver charged for alleged inappropriate contact with student
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A school bus driver is facing charges for allegedly having inappropriate contact with a student, according to Pearland police.
Diana Almanza is charged with Sexual Assault of a Child. Police say they were alerted by the district back on November 29 about possible inappropriate contact between Almanza and the student. Investigators say Almanza was picking up her bus and starting her route unusually early and that there was a student with her.
Police interviewed the student, whose family was living with Almanza. They say during that interview, they learned about the alleged inappropriate interaction.
Almanza was arrested yesterday. She's currently in the Pearland City Jail on a $60,000 bond.
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 15 min ago
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop 22 min ago
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Magnitude-6.2 quake hits Chile's northern coast 20 min ago
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV