Two men charged in fatal drive-by shooting of family member in Pasadena over alleged drug transaction
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men have been charged in Tuesday's fatal drive-by shooting in Pasadena.
George Rafael Aguilar is charged in the murder of one of his family members, Yolanda Aguilar. Also charged in the case is Adrian Aguilar. The 42-year-old is charged with murder in the case and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Pasadena police believe the shooting was the results of a fight over drugs. Yolanda Aguilar, 58, was riding in a vehicle her husband was driving when investigators say George Aguilar fired on the vehicle. According to police, Yolanda Aguilar's husband was actually the target.
"I think that it may have been more directed toward the driver of the vehicle, but it was the driver's wife who was actually struck by gunfire," said Pasadena Police Department Assistant Chief Bud Corbett.
Police believe the deadly shooting was over a family dispute from a few months back that involved drugs.
"There was an invitation extended from one family member to another to engage in some form of drug activity and supposedly that invitation was declined," Corbett said. "That supposedly triggered the conflict between family members."
George Aguilar, 56, was arrested Thursday. Court records show he has a lengthy criminal record including multiple DWIs, driving with a suspended license and deadly conduct. he is due in court on Thursday.
Anyone with any information regarding the location of Adrian Aguilar is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-477-1221.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 54 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 19 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 53 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested 36 min ago
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 14 min ago
- No sew: Create Easter tutus on the cheap 53 min ago
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 32 min ago
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church