Two men charged in fatal drive-by shooting of family member in Pasadena over alleged drug transaction
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two men have been charged in Tuesday's fatal drive-by shooting in Pasadena.
George Rafael Aguilar is charged in the murder of one of his family members, Yolanda Aguilar. Also charged in the case is Adrian Aguilar. The 42-year-old is charged with murder in the case and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Pasadena police believe the shooting was the results of a fight over drugs. Yolanda Aguilar, 58, was riding in a vehicle her husband was driving when investigators say George Aguilar fired on the vehicle. According to police, Yolanda Aguilar's husband was actually the target.
"I think that it may have been more directed toward the driver of the vehicle, but it was the driver's wife who was actually struck by gunfire," said Pasadena Police Department Assistant Chief Bud Corbett.
Police believe the deadly shooting was over a family dispute from a few months back that involved drugs.
"There was an invitation extended from one family member to another to engage in some form of drug activity and supposedly that invitation was declined," Corbett said. "That supposedly triggered the conflict between family members."
George Aguilar, 56, was arrested Thursday. Court records show he has a lengthy criminal record including multiple DWIs, driving with a suspended license and deadly conduct. he is due in court on Thursday.
Anyone with any information regarding the location of Adrian Aguilar is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-477-1221.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home