Man takes plea deal in 2010 gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas
CLEVELAND, TX -- We have new developments in the Liberty County prosecution of the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl.
Jamarcus Napper, 20, accepted a plea deal Wednesday. He's one of 20 adults and juveniles charged in the continuous sexual assault of the little girl.
Napper was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His plea deal comes less than a week after one of his co-defendants, Jared Cruse, was convicted and sentenced to life. The only other defendant to go to trial, Eric McGowen, was sentenced to 99 years in August.
Napper is now the 13th suspect to plead guilty.
Prosecutors expect a 21st suspect could be charged in the coming weeks.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption