Man takes plea deal in 2010 gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas
CLEVELAND, TX -- We have new developments in the Liberty County prosecution of the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl.
Jamarcus Napper, 20, accepted a plea deal Wednesday. He's one of 20 adults and juveniles charged in the continuous sexual assault of the little girl.
Napper was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His plea deal comes less than a week after one of his co-defendants, Jared Cruse, was convicted and sentenced to life. The only other defendant to go to trial, Eric McGowen, was sentenced to 99 years in August.
Napper is now the 13th suspect to plead guilty.
Prosecutors expect a 21st suspect could be charged in the coming weeks.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 24 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas 9 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone