Man takes plea deal in 2010 gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas
CLEVELAND, TX -- We have new developments in the Liberty County prosecution of the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl.
Jamarcus Napper, 20, accepted a plea deal Wednesday. He's one of 20 adults and juveniles charged in the continuous sexual assault of the little girl.
Napper was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His plea deal comes less than a week after one of his co-defendants, Jared Cruse, was convicted and sentenced to life. The only other defendant to go to trial, Eric McGowen, was sentenced to 99 years in August.
Napper is now the 13th suspect to plead guilty.
Prosecutors expect a 21st suspect could be charged in the coming weeks.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 8 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 2 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 33 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
52 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos