Man takes plea deal in 2010 gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Cleveland, Texas
CLEVELAND, TX -- We have new developments in the Liberty County prosecution of the gang rape of an 11-year-old Cleveland girl.
Jamarcus Napper, 20, accepted a plea deal Wednesday. He's one of 20 adults and juveniles charged in the continuous sexual assault of the little girl.
Napper was sentenced to 15 years in prison. His plea deal comes less than a week after one of his co-defendants, Jared Cruse, was convicted and sentenced to life. The only other defendant to go to trial, Eric McGowen, was sentenced to 99 years in August.
Napper is now the 13th suspect to plead guilty.
Prosecutors expect a 21st suspect could be charged in the coming weeks.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 4 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HCSO: Father shoots man hiding under daughter's bed 33 min ago
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 47 min ago
- Man in reported stolen car leads police on short chase 52 min ago
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr