Woman leaving party hit, killed by car in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Poilce are investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian accident in southeast Houston.
The wreck happened shortly before 9pm off South MacGregor near Calhoun.
Police say Deborah Crump, 62, had just left a party and was crossing the street in a dark area to get to a parked car when she was struck by an SUV.
Another a nurse who also happened to be at the party tried to perform CPR, but it was too late. Crump died at a hospital.
The driver of the SUV that struck Crump told police she couldn't see the woman in the dark. Police performed a field sobriety test, and that driver did not appear impaired. No charges are pending at this point.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes 30 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie 3 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded