Woman leaving party hit, killed by car in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Poilce are investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian accident in southeast Houston.
The wreck happened shortly before 9pm off South MacGregor near Calhoun.
Police say Deborah Crump, 62, had just left a party and was crossing the street in a dark area to get to a parked car when she was struck by an SUV.
Another a nurse who also happened to be at the party tried to perform CPR, but it was too late. Crump died at a hospital.
The driver of the SUV that struck Crump told police she couldn't see the woman in the dark. Police performed a field sobriety test, and that driver did not appear impaired. No charges are pending at this point.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston