Woman leaving party hit, killed by car in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Poilce are investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian accident in southeast Houston.
The wreck happened shortly before 9pm off South MacGregor near Calhoun.
Police say Deborah Crump, 62, had just left a party and was crossing the street in a dark area to get to a parked car when she was struck by an SUV.
Another a nurse who also happened to be at the party tried to perform CPR, but it was too late. Crump died at a hospital.
The driver of the SUV that struck Crump told police she couldn't see the woman in the dark. Police performed a field sobriety test, and that driver did not appear impaired. No charges are pending at this point.
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 18 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter