Woman leaving party hit, killed by car in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Poilce are investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian accident in southeast Houston.
The wreck happened shortly before 9pm off South MacGregor near Calhoun.
Police say Deborah Crump, 62, had just left a party and was crossing the street in a dark area to get to a parked car when she was struck by an SUV.
Another a nurse who also happened to be at the party tried to perform CPR, but it was too late. Crump died at a hospital.
The driver of the SUV that struck Crump told police she couldn't see the woman in the dark. Police performed a field sobriety test, and that driver did not appear impaired. No charges are pending at this point.
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 33 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man 54 min ago
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 24 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police