Condit Elementary School among first to benefit from HISD bond
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned that Condit Elementary School in Bellaire, along with 17 other campuses, is on the list of the first set of schools to benefit from the nearly $2 billion bond issue that passed in November.
Planning and design work for the campus renovations will begin early next year, and construction is scheduled to begin by the end of 2014.
The district has split up all the campuses that will benefit from the bonds into four groups.
Construction on the final group of schools is expected to begin in 2017.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 5 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 20 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 29 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension 39 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression 51 min ago
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 15 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond