Condit Elementary School among first to benefit from HISD bond
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned that Condit Elementary School in Bellaire, along with 17 other campuses, is on the list of the first set of schools to benefit from the nearly $2 billion bond issue that passed in November.
Planning and design work for the campus renovations will begin early next year, and construction is scheduled to begin by the end of 2014.
The district has split up all the campuses that will benefit from the bonds into four groups.
Construction on the final group of schools is expected to begin in 2017.
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders