Chase suspect crashes into METRO bus stop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a fleeing driver crashed into a METRO bus stop in northeast Houston overnight, then tried to get away.
Authorities tried to pull the driver over around 1:30am for a traffic violation on Laura Koppe near Spaulding. Authorities say the driver refused to stop and kept going through neighborhood streets.
The driver stayed under the speed limit but still lost control at Weaver and Lockwood, running into a METRO bus stop.
The driver jumped out of his vehicle and ran about 100 yards before police caught him and took him into custody.
Police say they found crack cocaine on him.
The suspect, whose identity has not been released, has been charged with evading and possession of drugs.
The METRO bus stop had to be demolished and removed from the scene.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- Recognize either of these guys? 17 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 14 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home 34 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers