Chase suspect crashes into METRO bus stop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a fleeing driver crashed into a METRO bus stop in northeast Houston overnight, then tried to get away.
Authorities tried to pull the driver over around 1:30am for a traffic violation on Laura Koppe near Spaulding. Authorities say the driver refused to stop and kept going through neighborhood streets.
The driver stayed under the speed limit but still lost control at Weaver and Lockwood, running into a METRO bus stop.
The driver jumped out of his vehicle and ran about 100 yards before police caught him and took him into custody.
Police say they found crack cocaine on him.
The suspect, whose identity has not been released, has been charged with evading and possession of drugs.
The METRO bus stop had to be demolished and removed from the scene.
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years
- Things you didn't know about reindeer