Chase suspect crashes into METRO bus stop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a fleeing driver crashed into a METRO bus stop in northeast Houston overnight, then tried to get away.
Authorities tried to pull the driver over around 1:30am for a traffic violation on Laura Koppe near Spaulding. Authorities say the driver refused to stop and kept going through neighborhood streets.
The driver stayed under the speed limit but still lost control at Weaver and Lockwood, running into a METRO bus stop.
The driver jumped out of his vehicle and ran about 100 yards before police caught him and took him into custody.
Police say they found crack cocaine on him.
The suspect, whose identity has not been released, has been charged with evading and possession of drugs.
The METRO bus stop had to be demolished and removed from the scene.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 47 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 30 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 3 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston