Mom arrested after fleeing authorities with children in the car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother is in custody after leading deputies on a brief chase with her children in the car.
The chase ended peacefully at an apartment complex on Airtex. Police say they got a call from the woman's husband saying he was concerned for the safety of his children.
Officers say they spotted the woman driving and tried to pull her over, but she fled to the apartment complex where her mother lives.
She was arrested and charged with evading arrest. The children were turned over to their father.
- One dead, two injured in Colorado school shooting 20 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Tech sergeant surprises kids at school in time for Christmas 2 min ago
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines 53 min ago
- Man accused of throwing father out of his own home 23 min ago
- Police searching for Denny's restaurant robbers 24 min ago
- Police chase prompts lockdown at 2 schools 26 min ago
- Ex-Houston port IT director posts bond on theft charge 29 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos