Mom arrested after fleeing authorities with children in the car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother is in custody after leading deputies on a brief chase with her children in the car.
The chase ended peacefully at an apartment complex on Airtex. Police say they got a call from the woman's husband saying he was concerned for the safety of his children.
Officers say they spotted the woman driving and tried to pull her over, but she fled to the apartment complex where her mother lives.
She was arrested and charged with evading arrest. The children were turned over to their father.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?