UPS delivery driver robbed of packages at gunpoint
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- December is a hectic time for the UPS, delivering Christmas presents all over the country. And now, sadly they've become targets for Grinches armed with guns.
Authorities are searching for a gunman who held up a UPS delivery man and demanded packages. He may as well have been swiping people's presents from right under the Christmas tree. It happened Thursday morning in the Spring-Cypress area.
With the holiday season at hand, UPS drivers have their hands and brown trucks full, and UPS tells Eyewitness News that on Thursday morning an armed robber saw a target.
According to UPS, one of its delivery drivers was working in the Spring-Cypress area when he was approached by an armed gunman who robbed the delivery truck. UPS says the suspect was able to get away with the packages.
"He ought to be ashamed of himself because he has deprived someone else from receiving what they were supposed to receive," said resident Ruben Braziel.
Another neighbor hopes those stolen boxes were not meant for her address, and says she hopes the crime won't steal the joy out of someone's Christmas.
"Very, very sad that they would do that, and not have the consideration for the person that not only who bought them, but the person that is going to receive them," Patti said.
UPS says the driver was not hurt and returned to work shortly after the incident.
local, samica knight
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse 47 min ago
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos